Life Insurance Medical Exam Tips
1. Have your photo dentification available with you when the paramedical examiner arrives for your life insurance medical exam. They use this to verify you are who you say you are. Keep in mind the paramedical is a licensed health professional. They usually call you within a day or two of applying for life insurance. They will normally set your appointment for a date within 2-4 days.
2. Select a date for your life insurance medical exam that is least stressful for you. Remember to make the appointment for the time of day that is least stressful.
3. No strenuous physical activity for at least 24 hours before your life insurance medical exam.
4. No salt or high cholesterol food for at least 24 hours before your life insurance medical exam.
5. No alcohol or caffeine for at least 24 hours before the life insurance medical exam.
6. No smoking or chewing tobacco the day of your life insurance medical exam.
7. Drink water (perhaps one glass per hour before your exam) to help facilitate your urine sample.
8. The morning is usually a good time for an life insurance medical exam.
9. Get a full night's rest prior to your exam.
10. Try to Fast for at least 8 hours prior to your life insurance medical exam. You can drink water.
11. Take a few minutes before the examiner arrive to meditate. Imagine a stress-free, relaxing place with your eyes closed. Don't fall asleep. This will reduce your heartbeat and lower your stress level for your life insurance medical exam.
12. The examiner will request information regarding your medical history that may include: medications, surgeries, medical conditions and treatments. Be prepared with the names and addresses of physicians and hospitals at which you were treated